Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Music Column (Sorry I Ain’t Posted Nothin’) (4/14-4/18)

Hey guys...sorry I haven't posted anything...but I really do have a good excuse. For those of you that aren't really in the know of my personal life, I've had some health problems that have impaired my ability to review and listen to music for the past week and a half (I ain't been able to hear out of my left ear...or to be more accurate...everything that I do hear, sounds like I'm underwater.) This is a recurring issue that I've been dealing with for most of my life (it has to do with a ruptured eardrum and some scar tissue that formed when I was a really young kid) and hopefully it will be cleared up relatively quickly (sometimes it lasts week...sometimes it lasts months) Anyways...since I'm only hearing in mono through my headphones (that's how I listen to music before I review it) I don't feel I could accurately give you a good review until I'm 100%. I will continue to tell you what I'm buying and at least attempting to listen to in the meantime...with some mild review type elements splashed in there.

This week's must buy is The Alchemy Index Volume III & IV (Air & Earth) by Thrice. (Yes, for those of you that know me...I'm biased.) This is a band that has truely evolved their sound over the course of the past several years. This is most present when listening to the complete collection of Alchemy Index EP's. They go from hard rock (Fire), to electronic (Water), to intellectual art rock (Air) and wrap up with acoustic folk (Earth). Personally, I am leaning towards Air being my favorite, with Water coming in a short second.

No comments: