Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Music Column (4/29-5/2)

Yeah...so right here I should be reviewing the new Portishead and Roots discs (especially since I can finally hear again)...I should be extolling their virtues or belittling their flaws...pointing out little obscure facts that I know about these bands (I'll save them though) or engaging in some pithy banter...but I'm not. I'm not because when UPS delivered my weekly shipment this morning (at 10:55 like clockwork)...some dishonest person out there managed in the 15 minutes between its delivery and my arrival at home for lunch to steal it off of my porch. Thankfully, both UPS and Amazon are doing their best to make sure that my weekly delivery is replaced (without recharging me of course) and launching an investigation into where exactly my shipment went (there were some other items in there as well)...but that doesn't change the fact that in my little slice of suburbia I have been violated. As soon as I can listen...I'll post my reviews...until then I'm going to go play Mario Kart Wii and try and not think about what is happening to the society that I'm raising my son in.

No comments: